"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

Woke up around 11; got ready and prodded Nicki to also wake up. We weren't so late as yesterday.

We had some breakfast. Stayed in much of the day. I went out, walking to the Sternschanze and then going into the city, to Berliner Tor, where I had a döner. Then, through the city and I then took the U4 (the new subway line) toward HafenCity, a new waterside development. The train stopped at Überseequartier, the second-to-last stop, because the new one was not yet opened. The area was still mostly under construction, but there were already lots of new buildings erected. I walked around the waterfront, taking pictures and finding no wifi on my phone, and I made my way back home via U-Bahn Baumwall, which quickly took me to Sternschanze.

 Nicki had music lessons and band practice in the evening. But after her music lesson, she wasn't feeling too well and decided to skip band practice.

I finally received my German SIM card! Yay. I tried it out, and it works, but it looks like the data coverage is shit, just like my Belgian SIM. Wtf.

At 9pm, I met Manuel at Goldfischglas, a bar in the Sternschanze. It was good to see him again, and he seemed really enthusiastic to see me too! In fact, he offered me a recommendation to work at Apple retail in Berlin. Awesomeness all around. There was a random guy from Turkey who butted in to our conversation, but it was all good. Saskia soon joined, with several of her friends/flatmates. Manuel had work in the morning, so he didn't stay for long. I stayed for a little bit longer, but left just before midnight, so as not to keep Nicki up too late.

0 responses to "Wednesday, 27 February 2013. Hamburg."

Leave a Reply