Spent the morning/day at Nicole's, getting my things organized and eating. Nicki made schnitzel; yum!
My train from Hamburg to Berlin was in the afternoon at 16:20. I needed to be at HH Hbf at 16:00 - I said bye to Nicki and left a couple minutes too late: I forgot my British phone at the apartment. The bus was there, so I took it to Altona and caught the S-Bahn from there (due to construction, the S-Bahn between Sternschanze and Hauptbahnhof so I had to take the other S-Bahn line).
I got to the Hbf with a few minutes to spare, bought some croissants to snack on, and waited to meet Thomas, the rideshare coordinator. There were several other people also sharing the train ride; something like 10-15 in total. They had multiple tickets for all of us. It was very confusing and hectic as everyone piled into the train at once.
The journey was 4 hours in total, with a change in Schwerin.
I sat across from Marieke, a 21-year-old girl who was studying languages at a placement in Berlin. We chatted for the first part of the train ride. I then napped. I haven't had my headphones for a while, so I couldn't distract myself with music.
The train was delayed slightly as we arrived in Berlin. The journey officially ended at Berlin Hbf, but I took the train further directly to Alexanderplatz (technically schwarzfarhren but saving me some time). I got a week ticket but also didn't validate it (again, schwarzfahren). It wasn't long before I arrived at Manuel's; His place was just next to the U-Bahn station.
We met, and he introduced me to his flat. It's clean and spacious, like many places in Berlin. I had made plans to meet Martin that evening for dinner, so I walked over to his place (yes, he lives a 15-minute walk away!). His friend from Estonia was also there. We had spaghetti with simply raw garlic, oil, and lime juice (I know!), which was remarkably not bad.
I stayed for a little bit, chilling with Martin and talking a bit about business (he's building his startup to launch a version in Berlin).
Search
Archives
-
▼
2013
(142)
-
▼
March
(30)
- Wednesday, 27 March 2013. Last night in Munich
- Tuesday, 26 March 2013
- Monday, 25 March 2013. Back to Nico's
- Sunday, 24 March 2013. Dachau
- Saturday, 23 March 2013
- Friday, 22 March 2013
- Thursday, 21 March 2013
- Wednesday, 20 March 2013. More Chilling in München
- Tuesday, 19 March 2013. Munich
- Monday, 18 March 2013. Stuttgart - München
- Sunday, 17 March 2013
- Saturday, 16 March 2013. Tübingen.
- Friday, 15 March 2013. Stuttgart
- Thursday, 14 March 2013. Frankfurt - Stuttgart
- Wednesday, 13 March 2013. Uneasy in Frankfurt
- Tuesday, 12 March 2013. Travel chaos throughout Ge...
- Monday, 11 March 2013. Cold and snowy last day in ...
- Sunday, 10 March 2013
- Saturday, 9 March 2013
- Friday, 8 March 2013. Professional Lunch and Kit K...
- Thursday, 7 March 2013
- Wednesday, 6 March 2013. Tempelhof Day
- Tuesday, 5 March 2013. Berlin Sunshine and More Me...
- Monday, 4 March 2013. Berlin
- Sunday, 3 March 2013. HH - Berlin.
- Saturday, 2 March 2013
- Friday, 1 March 2013. 2nd Interview and HH Night
- Thursday, 28 February 2013. HH
- Wednesday, 27 February 2013. Hamburg.
- Tuesday, 26 February 2013. Hamburg
-
▼
March
(30)
Categories
- daily log (500)
- from phone (3)
- ideas (2)
- London (45)
- North Carolina (1)
- photos (2)
- quotation (2)
- travel (1)
- update (1)
- weather (2)
0 responses to "Sunday, 3 March 2013. HH - Berlin."
Leave a Reply