"You think you know, but you have no idea..."
Trying to capture everything I do, futile as it may be.

About

I keep a small notebook by my side and do my best to keep a log of my day-to-day activities. This is the result.

It's St. Patrick's Day.

I was awake with Felix around 10am. We had some breakfast and then I went out into Stuttgart's center to explore. Felix stayed home; he had to review Lutz's thesis, and then polish his own job application.

I walked around the city center for hours. I climbed to Karlshöhe. My legs got tired. It was raining on and off. I had lunch at a kebab shop.

Felix let me know that he would need a few more hours to meet me. So we arranged to meet at 7pm at the Stadtmitte station. I walked around some more, through the Hauptbahnhof. I exited into a big construction site. I wanted to walk through it, and it was pretty open, but I couldn't tell how long the road would be, so I turned around and walked all the way around it. With my headphones on, it was no problem.

I returned to the city center and had a coffee (and sat down). The café's wifi didn't work. Argh! I met Felix promptly on time and we went to the Irish pub. It had a €10 cover charge - no way. So we walked like 15 minutes to the Feuersee and went to the other Irish pub. No cover, but it was naturally packed. We smashed our way through and started putting the pints of guinness away. We met a bunch of foreigners - a Greek girl, and a big group of Americans, including Justin (who introduced himself to everyone). Then there was Keith, an army guy who stuck around for most of the rest of the night. Properly tipsy, we returned home. I got a St. Patrick's hat somehow, haha. And one last pinklen in the river before arriving home!

0 responses to "Sunday, 17 March 2013"

Leave a Reply