Saturday night.
Jason arrives back at the apartment. Two unfamiliar girls are inside. Not to be distracted, Jason proclaims, "excuse me while I pass out," and without hesitation walks into his bedroom and promptly collapses on his bed.
10 minutes later, a newly refreshed Jason emerges, apologizing for his curt entrance and introduces himself to Victoria and Rachel. Michelle and Lawrence were there too.
And so began a night of FML license plates, hilariously distracted female drivers, a nail salon-themed bar, a midnight excursion to Food 4 Less, Mexican wrestling masks, and a voice-debilitating night/early morning of karaoke. Needless to say, people get very defensive about their song choices: From "Horny" to the mandatory "Don't Stop Believin'" and "Livin' on a Prayer" to the disappointingly English "99 Luftballooons" and the disappointingly shortened theme to Fresh Prince. For some reason I was drawing blanks on types of 80s songs. And Michelle freaked out when she couldn't find her parking garage ticket.
I can't remember the last time I was out until 5am.
Miraculously I was up at 10am, and so were Victoria and Rachel, getting ready to meet their cousin/friend (can't remember) for brunch. And just like that, they were gone.
I chilled at the apartment. Watched Season 1 of Chuck (or at least the first 4 episodes thereof). A quiet Sunday.

0 responses to "Back from Mexico - August 7-8, 2010"
Leave a Reply