Still more amused by TV shows...
Went out with Andy and Patty last night. Picked them up in Hollywood, drove to El Cholo and had some dinner. There were two promoters from XX (Dos Equis) who gave us coupons off the beer. AND as we were finishing our meal, in walked a couple extremely good looking young women, followed by a few more women, and more! There were like 30 of them, all seated along a long table. Finally, a girl wearing a bridal veil entered. It was a Bachelorette party (Buck's night)! Patty was all fumbled up trying to think of how to approach them. But beware the cheerleader effect. We eventually left without bothering the ladies. But that wasn't all for tonight...
Headed back to the apt and power napped for about an hour. Then the three of us went to Busby's right on Santa Monica in Santa Monica. I had read that it's a sports bar that turns into a dance club. The people outside looked really dressed up. Inside there was an area reserved for a private party. After a brief hesitation, I crashed the party... there were a lot of young, innocent looking people standing about awkwardly. I asked someone what it was, and turns out it was a mixer for all the first-year med school students at UCLA. Cool beans. The dance floor got packed soon thereafter. I was reminded of bad times at frat parties and soon withdrew into myself. Patty, however, was on the prowl and chatted up a couple girls. I feel that I dampened the evening by saying we should go home around midnight. I just value sleep, what?!
There aren't enough hours in the day.
Oh yes, and I received my new ipod! I named her Erika. She's nice. But it's hard to replace Rachel. And since it's just a replacement, not something brand new to me, I'm not as ecstatic as I would be.
Jogged around VA this morning. Listened to "Snakes on a Plane" and Yellowcard. Crystal stayed over last night, we chatting this morning over breakfast/cantaloupe.
Got to work late. Like 9:30 late. No worries, but I wonder how late I can push it?
Dale and I are wearing the same purple long-sleeve t-shirt.
I feel oddly spritely. I feel like an adult. Taking charge of responsibilities, and actually doing stuff.
Clementine lunch today! To celebrate Dave's last day. Yummy BLT with applewood smoked bacon and organic heirloom tomatoes and freshly toasted bread. But I kinda wish I ordered the burger (with grass-fed beef!).
The new Santa Monica Place opened today. Andy and Patty are there.
Music: All Time Low - Six Feet Under the Stars;
Tonight: Celebrating Jonathan's last weekend in LA before he goes to the east coast. Korean BBQ

0 responses to "Friday, August 6, 2010"
Leave a Reply